Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
got it for 428 php at the SM Megamall branch.
I was also happy to see an Ellana stand in the Supermarket!!
I absolutely love it to bits! washed it and not one hair shed :)
We also went to the MAC counter and I compared it to the 188 and they are so similar, it was like the ferrule and handle was the only difference but the size, shape, hair density, distribution and texture are the same.
I recommend it to everybody pro and amateur.
The application of liquid foundation was a breeze and it SAVES a lot of product.
I would say I would choose this rather than a 187 or a dupe of 187 because I really don't think the size would be good for precise blush application.
Talking about blush application, this brush really does its job! Especially for those really pigmented ones which are a bane to apply using a powder brush.
I love it and its a really good investment. :)
Thursday, April 15, 2010
I am so thankful to God that I was able to get this far. :)
this HAVElist -- hence the title HAVE, than wish, is because I am going to have these at the right time..
so now I will share my list to you..material things first.
1. Ellana minerals : Sheer Velvet High definition mineral powder primer
*borrowed this pic from kikaytrekkie
I have read raves for this product and with its cheap price, plus my earnings selling ice candy ^-^ gets me all up in a jiffy!! I would like to get the 6g = 380 + shipping 50 php... the id and super ego are still fighting,,hmm..
you can get it here.
2. Digital Camera: Samsung ES60
LOVE to get the red or pink one :) I can get it a lot cheaper at kimstore for like 2k less than at mall dealers.
3. Etude house Duo Fiber Brush
At 428 php, I am such a sucker for cheap cheap replicas of MAC brushes. This would be perfect!!!
so there, I am a simple girl with simple needs people!
only 3 things at a time..
then maybe some stuff than I NEED to have
1. Eyebrow shaping,, my brows are unruly right now,,
2. A Bentosa massage --maybe save this for next month,, after a week of reviews,,
3. NEW shoes :)
It has been a week since our lovely graduation ceremony, yet I still feel within the bounds of my dear alma mater, because of other errands we have to run, such as..
1.) The GREEN BOOK
- This book contains a list of procedures that we have and have not done. It needs to be signed and cleared by our class adviser.
2.) The CASE FORMS
- These OR/DR and other forms are prerequisites for our up coming Nursing Board examination.
I managed to finish all of then and I am now currently waiting for them to be signed.
On MAY 1 2010 we will be passing our requirements :) I am soo excited :)
I still need to acquire the following:
1. Case forms NOTARIZED.
3. Long brown Envelope
well, I trust that the Lord will help me and bring me to TOP the July 2010 NLE :)
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Some Tips that May Bring You A Beautiful Life:
- Take 10-30 minute walk everyday and while you walk.. SMILE.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes everyday.
- When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, “My purpose is to…TODAY.”
- Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn, pass all your tests. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagreements.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t mess up with the future.
- Don’t compare your life with others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets. Don’t save it for special occassion. Today is special.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will stay in touch.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- The best is yet to come.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Do the right thing.
- Call your family often.
- Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements, “I am thankful for… Today I accomplished…”
- Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
- Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. Make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
sharing my lovelife "ehem" suckylife-PAST was good for something and I also want you to join!
in some of my past posts I told you about break-ups and it was inspired by the book
"Its called a breakup because its broken"
and here is the link to the contest in my quest to win a 2010 belle de jour power planner!
try your luck and share some part of your life :)
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Blog: almosteffortless.blogspot.com, almosteffortless.tumblr.com and heartlovesyou.blogspot.com
What was your favorite trend from 2009?
Lace dresses and the Chanel flap bag, quilted purses are just classic, all in black of course.
What will you keep in your closet?
The short dresses
What do you see as a big trend in 2010?
Lingerie-inspired tops and dresses, Red lips, black eyeliner and insanely high heels. I am actually looking forward to them because they are more my style!!
What will you buy more of?
The shoes definitely. Pieces that will give value for my money, and some power dressing pieces because I will be graduating this year.
What’s your new year fashion resolution?
Wait a least 3 months before buying something - because sometimes for some bizarre phenomenon you receive them as gifts.
Improve my poses for pictures.
Ever since high school, I have been known to be addicted to eyelash curlers and have even been curling my lower lashes (it’s a technique envied by everybody). But lets face the truth, no matter how much they claim that applying mascara after will open up your eyes, they just turn those precisely curled lashes stick straight - especially mine. Then 4th year college came, I was sitting beside a classmate and gasped in amazement on seeing how her lashes stayed sky high curled and volumized! The secret ladies is LASH PERMING.
Ok so its been here a long time and to my obsession with having pretty porcelain doll’s eyes, I immediately rushed to the nearest salon for lash perming.
I definitely recommend this to everyone, I have turned my friend into a follower of the treatment. We went to Lets Face it salon SM Mall of Asia branch, for 280 php they perm lashes on both eyes.
All you need after is the maintenance with mascara. It would last for 1-2 months for a first timer then 2-3 for succeeding treatments.
I was just rummaging through my stuff looking for my earring, so I just threw stuff on my bed. I found some essential items to keep me sane grooming wise. Most of them are cheap stuff but give more value for what you pay for.
1. Eye mask
Heaven sent me this one definitely. I sleep like a baby when I wear this to bed and I wake up refreshed. Good for sleeping in because it will make you sleep faster and longer. For those like me who want to wake up early, just keep an alarm clock beside you and still wake up refreshed.
I need graded lenses for my myopia and astigmatism so having a classic pair to protect my eyes are essential. Oh by the way, my adoration with Robert Pattinson kicked in when I chose the pair.
3. Stress Tabs
Ok, The thing is, I didn’t expect their effects on me. I thought that they would give me energy come duty time, but no, they make me sleepy after and thus giving me a good afternoon rest. They do take the stress away by de-stressing and relaxing you to the point of Zzzzz….beauty sleep.
4. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
Being a nursing student and living inside a hospital, I am exposed to sick people all the time. A healthy immune system is definitely a must if you want to survive. Also the glow it brings to your skin is a bonus.
5. Bath and body works : Dancing waters fragrance mist.
A staple in my bag, just the right clean scent to energize my mornings. I have a bottle in my house and in my dorm closet just in case. Yup, its that good.
6. Baby Bench colonia : Bubble gum.
I got it this Christmas and I used this on my grade school days. Its not opened yet but the familiar scent is enticing, good for an afternoon spritz.
6. Bobbie nail polish in Pussy Red
This shade is applauded for, not just for ehem the name but how it makes your hands look vampirishly pale in certain lighting. Good for all skin tones and channeling the Volturi guard look.
7. Nivea Lip balm in Strawberry kiss
Staple in my HS days, for my love of all things red and juicy, its nostalgic scent and feel makes lips soft, smooth and well, juicy.
8. Lactacyd baby bath : lactoserum lactic acid
I use it as my facial wash. Its an anti-septic for sensitive skin. It does its job to clean my skin without the harshness and frills of other facial washes.
9. St. Ives Timeless skin Apricot scrub renew and firm.
I love how it smoothens my face and relieves it of unsightly bumps after a week of using. Use it 2-3 times a week because daily would be harsh. My skin is still young and to keep it young looking, exfoliation is a good way to go. Don’t forget the SPF ladies.
10.DELON+ Mango body butter
This body butter smells oh so fresh and delicious! You want hands, elbows and knees that feel like butter, try this.
11. Bench pretty when pinched lip and cheek tint.
This Water resistant wear makes for longer and radiant cheeks. Apply after moisturizing the face for a more even application.
12. Maybelline face powder
I am not buying the 8 hour wear it claims, but how it makes your face look smooth and fresh is definitely true. I have been using this for a long time and my 199 php went a long way with this product.
13. Everyday minerals flat top brush.
This one I had to splurge for and had it delivered to my doorstep from the states. BECAUSE ITS THAT GOOD. The softest ever, I will never go back to other brushes again if its not this soft. Just google it and a million hits will appear for this internationally applauded face brush.